Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chic Lit Challenge 2009


Since I have a some chic lit in my bookshelf I might as well join the Chic Lit Challenge 2009. You can join in by signing up here.

Back by popular demand, the 2009 Chick Lit Challenge has been expanded for the whole year! From January 1 through December 31, 2009, read at least 10 chick lit books. Books can overlap with other challenges and you can change your list at any time.

My list:
  1. The Friday Night Knitting Club - Kate Jacobs
  2. Confessions of a shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella
  3. Shopaholic takes Manhatten - Sophie Kinsella
  4. Shopaholic ties the knot - Sophie Kinsella
  5. Shopaholic & Sister - Sophie Kinsella
  6. Shopaholic & Baby - Sophie Kinsella
  7. Bras and Broomsticks- Sarah Mlynowski
I would really appreciate suggestions for more chic lit books. I'm not so sure I can endure the entire Shopaholic series, I'm listening to the first Shopaholic book now and Becks is a bit to shallow for my liking..

4 comments:

  1. Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Meyer is my favorite chick lit book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would only be able to take Becky in small doses too. Try Kinsella's stand alone books - Remember Me? or The Undomestic Goddes, both really good reads.
    Or maybe Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, it's super with some recommendations =) Really appreciate it! I will look at those books, Jess and raidergirl3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you read Perfect on Paper by Maria Murnane? A cute fluffy read. Basically, that is what chick lit is. Something to read between the mentally heavier books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts =)