Thursday, July 23, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - Preferences


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb at Booking Through Thursday. Follow the link and join in on the fun or just to see which books others love!

Here's Deb's question this Thursday:

Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)

  • Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? Can't I have both?
  • Paperbacks? Or hardcovers? Paperbacks, because it is cheaper :O
  • Fiction? Or Nonfiction? Fiction
  • Poetry? Or Prose? Prose, I don't read much poetry.
  • Biographies? Or Autobiographies? Perhaps autobiographies? I'm not sure which I prefer(and I don't read a lot of it).
  • History? Or Historical Fiction? Both please.
  • Series? Or Stand-alones? Stand-alones(but I read both).
  • Classics? Or best-sellers? A perfect blend :D
  • Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? I'm so bad at choosing just one alternative...
  • Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? Plots I guess.
  • Long books? Or Short? Medium long(or is that cheating? LOL). Okay, long then.
  • Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? Non-illustrated.
  • Borrowed? Or Owned? Both.
  • New? Or Used? I like to buy used books because of the environment but in my shelf there is a mix between new and used books.
I'm starting to feel that having vacation is bad for my blogging LOL. But I'm sure you agree with me that spending time with my family is more important than blogging.



After I put junior to bed this night I had a friend over and we watched Persuasion(2007). Anne's sister Mary is even more annoying in the move than in the book. I really enjoyed the movie and I have to say that Mr. Wentworth(played by Rupert Penry-Jones ) was really good looking. Sally Hawkins was really sweet as Anne Elliot.

Happy BTT everyone!

7 comments:

  1. This week's meme is sure challenging considering they're simple questions, isn't it? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) My answers are similar!
    Family time is the beat time :) and i am going on a vacation too!

    I am reading Persuasion :) and then I will watch this movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like such short answers! And I had fun reading yours!

    Booking through preferences

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rupert Penry-Jones. Have you seen him in Virtual Sexuality? Oh. My. God. Seriously.

    Persuasion vies with P&P for position as my favorite Austen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is janicu from janicu's book blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - I think your blog is just great! I have an award for you. Collect it HERE

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Paperbacks, because it is cheaper :O"
    My thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts =)