Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Circle - Add this to your wishlist!

UK cover.

Have you ever heard a young adult fantasy novel called The Circle by Swedish authors Mats Strandberg and Sara B. Elfgren? No? Let me tell you that this YA novel deserves a spot in your Waiting on Wednesday post, The Circle deserves some early buzz. This is one of the best books I've read so far in 2012(so far my total books read count for 2012 is 39), a true page turner. The rights to this novel have been sold to over 22 countries, Hollywood is sniffing around wondering if they should opt for the movie rights. 


I kept on reading into the wee hours, and that I saying something when I have two young children and a job to get up to the morning after ;)

Swedish cover

German cover

Which one of the covers that I've featured in this post is your favorite?

Leave a comment and let me know.
I must say that I prefer the Swedish cover myself, I think it's original and different. I'm growing board of pretty girls on covers. The book was released here in Norway back in February, but it isn't due to release in the UK just yet. June 7th is the day that Random House UK releases The Circle into the wild. Mark the date on your calender.

Check out the synopsis from Goodreads:
Only together can they survive.

Engelsfors. A beautiful name for a scrubby little town in Sweden where six girls have just started high school. They have nothing in common -- except they are all hunted by an ancient evil.

The autumn semester has just started when a student is found dead in one of the school toilet cubicles. Everyone suspects suicide. Everyone except those that know the truth. One night, when a mysterious red moon fills the sky, the girls meet in the park. They don't know why or how they were brought there but they learn that they need each other in order to survive.

They are told that they are witches. An ancient prophecy states that they are The Chosen Ones. From this day on, high school is a matter of life and death. They must learn how to work together despite their differences and they have to master the forces that have awakened within them. Time is running out. Something is hunting them and if they don't find it and defeat it, it will kill them.


I will post my review closer to the release date.

Have you heard of The Circle before?

15 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this before... *runs to Goodreads*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good, this first book isn't all about magic, it is a very realistic fantasy. In this first installment in this trilogy the realism takes the front seat. It is both dark and honest, hints of sex(nothing graphic), alcohol and language. Bullying at school, being popular, being invisible all those topics is being addressed in this novel. What life might be like like for an older teen.

      Delete
  2. This sounds interesting! I like the Swedish cover best I think. I'm getting kind of tired of pretty girls/faces on book covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya', it's so 2011 ;) It would be nice to have some more diversity among YA book covers.

      Delete
  3. Ooh The Circle does sound good and I really love that cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds really good, nice choice.

    http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book does sound good! I may be adding it to my own TBR list.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1993

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is some recommendation. I will have to give it a read. Thank you for sharing it. Bonus: The cover is intense.
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I could read it, the library does have it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of it before and I like the German cover the best. Adding this to my TBR list!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now, I'm completely sold! I haven't heard this one yet and it really sounds fantastic! I love the Swedish cover as well. :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW, Mari!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book deserves some attention! I like both the UK and the Swedish cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interessant! Denne skal på vil lese listen min ja. Finnes den på norsk også?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jepp, på norsk heter den Sirkelen :)

      Delete
  12. It's the best book ever! I think i prefer the swedish cover but i love the U.K cover to.

    If you have the possibility I think that you should read it in Swedish, the original is awesome! (I'm from Sweden ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts =)