Monday, May 7, 2012

Memorable Monday # - Linger by Maggie Stiefvater.



Welcome yet another Memorable Monday! This meme is all about sharing a quote that you've chosen yourself, a quote that for one reason or another spoke to you.


My quote this week is from Linger by Maggie Stiefvater, the second installment in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. I cannot believe how long I've waited to pick up this one. I very much enjoyed Shiver, but after a time I wasn't really sure if I loved it as much as I initially thought I did. Or if my love was affected by all the buzz by other bloggers and that it had made me blind to the weaknesses in the story. Well I must be a complete idiot for doubting my initial thoughts or Linger is even better than Shiver. Cause' let me tell you that this is all good. The quote I've chose today, I feel, says a lot about Maggie's writing skills. To describe a person like that takes skills I say, Maggie Stiefvater sure knows how to show instead of telling.


The door opened, revealing another Labrador, this one very much alive, and a twenty-something girl with a red bandanna tied around her head. She was so interesting-looking and unpretty that she actually traveled through ugly to someplace on the other side that was almost as good as pretty: huge, beaked nose, sleepy-looking dark brown eyes, and sharp cheekbones. Her black hair was pulled up in a half a-dozen interconnected braids coiled on top of her head, like a Mediterranean Princess Leia.

I would love for you to join me with a Memorable Monday quote(or quotes)post of your own.





Want to know more about this meme? Just read this post. The short and easy guide? I started this meme because I was tired of memes telling me what page I should look up a quote from or just picking one from a random page. I wanted to share quotes that I really enjoyed. Want to join? Just write a blog post where you share a quote that you like, come back here and leave a link in the inlinkz widget below.








11 comments:

  1. I have heard that Linger is better than Shiver, which totally thrills me. Fun quote!!! I chose something from Shatter Me, which is quotable cover to cover. Hard to pick just one... or easy, close yer eyes and pick a random one!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linger was lovely, beautiful, sad and poetic. I recommend both novels :) I've already started the third novel, Forever.

      Delete
  2. I have to admit that I didn't read Shiver yet. I've seen it in bookstores and on blogs a lot and it doesn't look uninteresting to me, but there are just so many good books that I still need to read and that I really want to read, that I haven't thought about buying or reading Shiver. But this quote from Linger really got me interested in Maggie Stiefvater's writing. It sounds really good. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie writes in a way that efficiently manages to capture the readers interest. Her stories doesn't need to be jam-packed with action because the writing in itself is just so additive :)

      Delete
  3. I Love Stiefvater's writing, it very different and is very musical. I do a quote a day on Facebook, you just graphics of famous quotes that people can share...mainly to get more traffic on my Facebook page, because I've been ignoring it and it can be such a useful tool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stiefvater's writing might be on my top three list along with Laini Taylor and Patrick Rothfuss.

      When it comes to promoting my blog on Facebook I really have no clue how to make the most of it.

      Delete
  4. Stiefvater's writing might be on my top three list along with Laini Taylor and Patrick Rothfuss.

    When it comes to promoting my blog on Facebook I really have no clue how to make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fear that I did not like this one as much as book 1 :/ It made me sad

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's too bad, B. Have you read the final installment?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeg har denne boken på hyllen min (lånt av en venninne, haha), har bare ikke funnet tid til å lese den enda. Gleder meg! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Har du lest Shiver, Elena? Hvis ikke så begynn med den :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts =)