Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Dystopian: Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans.



Unless you have been hiding in a cave miles and miles away from all civilization since last year you've already heard of the young adult novel Level 2. Level 2 is the first installment in The Memory Chronicles and the debut novel of Lenore Appelhans. Many of you already know Lenore as the talented book blogger behind the infamous book blog called Presenting Lenore

Also note that Lenore will be revealing the cover for Level 2 on her blog on Friday June 1st! Not many days left to wait now. I can't wait to see what it will look like.


Synopsis borrowed from Goodreads:

Since her untimely death the day before her eighteenth birthday, Felicia Ward has been trapped in Level 2, a stark white afterlife located between our world and the next. Along with her fellow prisoners, Felicia passes the endless hours downloading memories and mourning what she’s lost—family, friends, and the boy she loved, Neil.

Then a girl in a neighboring chamber disappears, and nobody but Felicia seems to recall she existed in the first place. Something is obviously very wrong. When Julian—a dangerously charming guy Felicia knew in life—comes to offer Felicia a way out, she learns the truth: a rebellion is brewing to overthrow the Morati, the guardians of Level 2.

Felicia is reluctant to trust Julian, but then he promises what she wants the most—to be with Neil again—if only she’ll join the rebels. Suspended between Heaven and Earth, Felicia finds herself in the center of an age-old struggle between good and evil. As memories from her life come back to haunt her, and as the Morati hunt her down, Felicia will discover it’s not just her own redemption at stake… but the salvation of all mankind.
Last year Lenore spotlighted upcoming dystopian series(to be released in 2012/2013) and the last person she interviewed was herself. Check out the interview here.  I'd like to quote Lenore's answer as to what it is that makes Level 2 stand out from other novels in this same genre:

How does your book stand out from others in the genre?
When I had the idea for LEVEL TWO and started working out the plot and themes, I was so excited because it felt to me like a very fresh spin on my favorite genre. I hope I’ve done justice to the dystopian afterlife thriller subgenre.

One of my favorite things about it is how Felicia is able to relive her memories of her life on Earth in order to help her make sense of the very stark and mysterious place that she's ended up.

I'd love to hear what you think of Level 2. Leave a comment below and let me know.
I for one can't wait to get my hands on it.

If you're one of the few who have yet to add Level 2 on your Goodreads wishlist I suggest you'll do it now. You know it'll be totally embarrassing to be the last YA book lover to discover this novel ;)


Level 2 comes out January 15th 2013 from Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers .


What are you waiting for this week?

"Waiting On" Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This event spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Please visit Jill's blog to find out what other book bloggers are waiting for.



17 comments:

  1. Nå føler jeg meg som en skikkelig huleboer, for denne har jeg ikke hørt om før! Men den er herved på leselista, høres helt fantastisk ut! Tusen takk for tips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hei Anette,

      De gjelder nok helst for de som ofte befinner seg i den engelskspråkelige ungdomsbokblogg verdenen(og har gjort det de siste par årene). Så jeg tror vel egentlig ikke du er noen huleboer ;) Så bra at jeg kunne bidra til en enda lengre lesteliste!

      Thank you so much for checking out my WoW post, Anette!

      Delete
  2. Wow - thanks Mari! Can't wait for you to read LEVEL 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I wish you all the best for the release, still a long way off but time goes so fast :)

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to the cover reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have been hiding in a cave ._. I never heard of this, but now I'm so glad that I do! Thanks for sharing ;)

    Here's my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are plenty more coming from that same cave, Sel :) Good thing I could bring Level 2 out from the shadows then.

      Delete
  5. I am SO excited for this!! Even if I had't read the synopsis, I think I'd want to read because she's just an awesome blogger. But Level 2 sounds SO FREAKING GOOD. And really unique compared to what's out there at the moment.

    Really excited for the gorgeous cover revea. Cannot wait to have this one making love to my shelves! :D Fantastic pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I absolutely LOVE your pick, it is so being added to my already over flowing TBR list. Thank you for sharing and have a great week! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit, I haven't heard of this one!! It definitely sounds good though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am waiting for this one as well! I can’t wait to get it!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2094

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am crawling out from under my rock to order this..LOL
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for this one! I can't wait to see the cover. :)

    my wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds really awesome. Can't wait to read this and to see the cover. Great pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, thanks for sharing, I hadn't read Lenore's interview! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts =)