Monday, October 10, 2011

Book review: Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh

The Psy is a people without feelings, if a Psy show any sings of desire they're punished. Psy Sascha Duncan struggles to keep her true nature hidden, if anyone ever discoveres that she feels Sascha will have to face "rehabilitation".

Several changeling women have been brutally killed and Lucas Hunter, changeling, is hell bent on hunting down the Psy killer. Sascha is his ticket to information about the Psy. Lucas soon discovers that Sascha is a unique Psy, she can feel and the beast in Lucas is intrigued and attracted to Sascha.

My thoughts:
I won one of the books in this series (book #6) from Teddyree over at The Eclectic Reader. Teddyree wrote about her love for the series and she gave the first book a five star rating. I decided that I had to buy the five first books in this series to start at the beginning. I get crazy just thinking about starting a series from say book #3.

The passion between the two main characters in this story was the sizzling kind; you could practically see the sparkles fly between Sascha and Luke. Nalini Singh knows how to create chemistry on page. For some reason I didn't think that adult paranormal romance books was for me but this proved me mistaken in my belief. Slave to Sensation actually made it to my honorable mention list last year. I guess I just have to admit to myself that even if the cover is clichéd the story can be very entertaining.

I haven't said all that much about the story but I didn't want to forget to write down a couple of lines about this book that I liked so much.

Cover:
Not my kind of cover at all.

My rating of this book:






Want a second opinion? Check out these reviews written by some of my book blogging friends:

Want to know more?

Add Slave to Sensation to your Goodreads wish list.

Read Nalini's blog 
Check out Nalini's fanpage on Facebook

Published: 2006
PublisherBerkley Sensation
Full disclosure: 
Purchased 

This book can be purchased from a number of local retailers and on-line book stores such as Amazon or The Book Depository (I'm not an affiliate of either). The latter store does by the way have free shipping to about 100 countries.