Thursday, September 24, 2009

BTT - Dead To The World - Most enjoyable read

btt button



I haven't read any sad books lately(which was really this weeks BTT), and to be quite frank with you I don't particularly enjoy reading sad books. There is so much sadness in this world so I try to stay away from sad books. Since I didn't participate in last weeks BTT I'm answering that question instead of this weeks.

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb at Booking Through Thursday. Follow the link and join in on the fun or just to see which books other readers have enjoyed!

What’s the most enjoyable, most fun, most just-darn-entertaining book you’ve read recently?
(Mind you, this doesn’t necessarily mean funny, since we covered that already. Just … GOOD.)



Without a doubt Dead to the world by Charlaine Harris. I have a huge crush on Charlaine Harris viking(perhaps because I'm of viking blood? LOL) vampire Eric Northman. It doesn't hurt that I picture him like Alexander SkarsgÄrd that playes Eric in the show True Blood either. He's a big part of this fourth novel in The Southern Vampire Mysteries series. I think Charlaine has truely created a great character in Eric Northman, he's supposed to be a though vampire and bad ass boss but perhaps that's not all that is to him? He's certainly no one dimensional character, that's for sure.

Synopsis:
When cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse sees a naked man on the side of the road, turns out he doesn't remember who he is. But it's Eric the vampire, who's now a kindler, gentler vampire. He's also scared because whoever took his memory now wants his life.

I give you Mr. January, Eric Northman, vampire!