Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Book review: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Pages(paperback): 352

Published: June 2008

Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group

A little taste from Moon Called :
I didn't realize he was a werewolf at first. My nose isn't at its best when surrounded by axle grease and burnt oil -- and it's not like there are a lot of stray werewolves running around Eastern Washington. So when someone made a polite noise near my feet to get my attention I thought he was a customer.
Want a little more? You can read the first chapter on Patricia's homepage.


Tell me what's this book about?
The main character and the heroine in this book is Mercedes(Mercy for short). Mercy is a mechanic and a coyote shifter. She was raised by a pack of werewolves and she has learned all the do's and don'ts in the supernatural community(a coyote shifter like Mercy isn't exactly on top of the food chain). One day a young were, named Mac, shows up at Mercy's garage asking for a job, Mercy feels kind of sorry for the young loner and decides to take him on as an assistant in the garage. Perhaps not the smartest decision Mercy's made, since Adam, her next door neighbor is the local werewolves pack leader. Needless to say the young were means trouble and a whole lot of it - right on Mercy's doorstep!

My thoughts on Moon Called:
I want to read the next book about Mercy, now. But, wait, I forgot that I've promised myself no more purchasing books for awhile. I still have some books pre-ordered so there will still occasionally show up a book or two in my mailbox + books I've mooched of course. Well enough about that..

I liked this book from the very first page but it still took me some time to get really hooked. Mercy is a smart and resourceful heroine, just the way I like it. She uses her brain and she isn't to stubborn to accept help when she needs it(it always annoys me when a character refuses help when it is so obliviously needed..).

There is a little love triangle in this book. I'm sure glad I'm not in Mercy's shoes because I wouldn't been able to choose! Why can't there ever be a book where the girl get both the guys? LOL



My rating of this book:
3.75 out of 5 stars

Want to know more?

Visit Patricia Briggs' official homepage



Want another opinion on this book? Check out these reviews below(all from the fab bloggers I have in my blog roll):