Monday, October 4, 2010

Movie review: Eat, Pray, Love



Yesterday I went to the cinema with my sister-in-law and we watched Eat, Pray, Love with Julia Roberts in the lead role as Elisabeth Gilbert. The movie is based on the book, with the same title, by Elizabeth Gilbert. Last year I listened to the book on audio and the audio book was read by the author herself and, if you’re curious about the book you should definitely try the audio! It was a great. 


The movie is an experience, first of all Liz Gilberts story is amazing. After a difficult divorce and an addictive relationship Liz decides to travel for a whole year to rediscover her appetite for life. The audience gets to see lots of lovely places and I have to say it must be of great commercial value for Italy
, Indonesia and India when it comes to attracting travelers. Wonderful pictures from all three countries, good music and lots of delicious food - you might end up craving ice cream and spaghetti bolognas after watching this (or perhaps ordering a plane ticket?) - consider yourself warned. The movie is philosophical and spiritual with a delightful sense of humor and it might not be everyone cup of tea. If you're the kind of person who can sit back and enjoy a movie without non-stop action I recommend that you watch Eat, Pray, Love. 


Julia Roberts 
is perfect for this part and it was great to see Javier Bardem in a different part then the one I've seen him in(very different from his part in No Country For Old Men).
Eat, Pray, Love is a touching and true story. I wonder what it is like for Liz Gilbert to see part of her life being acted out on big screen.

I feel that the producers did a good job transferring the book onto the big screen and watching the movie reminded me that I need to read the sequel Gilbert has written, Committed.

I'm giving Eat, Pray, Love 3,8 stars out of 5.