Thursday, January 10, 2013

Silje: Most anticipated books and movies of 2013

I haven't had the time to look at all the YA-titles of 2013 at Goodreads of course but I have gone through a few lists. I will share some of them here with you together with some of the movies I'm looking forward to this year. It seems like a lot of YA-books and fantasy/sci-fi-books are coming on the big screen these days so there's plenty to watch and plenty to read until the movie comes out as well;-) Here we go:

Books:

Contemporary:
This year I have really excperienced  how much I can enjoy contemporary YA and that Paranormal Romance might not be my thing. So here are a few contemporary titles I'm especially looking forward too this year:

Just One Day by Gayle Forman: I liked her books about Mia and Adam a lot. It's something about the way she writes about emotions that feels so real and I just care so much for the characters. This was released this week.
Just One Day (Just One Day, #1)

Forgive me Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick: this is said to be an original, emotional and also hard to read story about a young man with some imposible choices to make. Release date: august 13.
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock

That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J.Howard: the title piqued my interest and a funny story where a romance, music and a circus plays an important part sounds pretty good don't you think? This a debut-novel and it's release date is in april.
That Time I Joined The Circus

Sequels:
Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris: these books had an uprising when I started to listen to the audiobooks. I think it's so much fun to listen to Johanna Parker read and even though the story has taken an awful lot of turns and is not at it's best anymore I still like to know what happens to Sookie, Eric, Sam, Bill and some of the others. The last book ended with a little surprising twist so I'm especially curious this time. Expected publication on May 7th.
.
Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13)

When it comes to sequels I'm usually a bit behind so I'm not anticipating that many this year. I do have to mention some anticipated ones though that are translated and released in norwegian this year: Reached by Ally Condie, City of Glass by Cassandra Clare and Feedback by Robison Wells.

Paranormal:
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman: I only just read my first book by this author and that made me very curious to read more. I do have a lot of other Gaiman-books to choose from but there's something about the brand new books that noone has yet made their favorites, disliked or told you you have to read. I like that most of his books are stand-alones and the writing creates a certain magical mood I really enjoy. This book is a fable that's suppose to be both terryfying and moving. Expected publication June 18th.
The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff: what got to me here is that it's called a poetic tale about love and death, and it also includes ghosts. I haven't read anything by the author before but her name and book titles have been noticed several times. Release date January 8th.
Paper Valentine


Movies:
A new version of Stephen King-book Carrie is released on March 15: I recently read this book and have not seen the previous movie.

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, the movie-version of Cassandra Clares book is released in august and the director is the norwegian Harald Zwart!


Catching Fire, part 2 of The Hunger Games-trilogy comes in the theatres in november. I actually liked the first movie better the second time I watched it. I hpoe they've had enough time to make a descent seguel.

What are your most anticipated books and movies this year?

15 comments:

  1. Books I look forward is That time I joined the circus..

    Movies I look forward to is Hunger Games 2.. + The Host :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to read The Host very soon so I am looking forward to that movie as well:-)

      Delete
  2. I excited Catching Fire too. I'm really looking forward to the sequel to The False Prince this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read The False Prince or hearof it. Maybe I'll check it out even though one of my goals this year is to not read that many series but more standalones:-)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of That Time I Joined the Circus but it sounds amazing! I'll have to add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know:-) I just read about it for the first time.

      Delete
  4. I look forward to reading Just one day, its looks great:) Have to bought the book soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I have to read that book soon and then watch all the movies!

      Delete
  6. Oh, wow! I had no idea Neil Gaiman is coming out with a new book! So excited now! And the paper Valentine one looks very interesting as well :) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very excited about Just One Day! Very curious to see how Willem turns out, it might be interesting to read about a Dutch character.

    City of Bones and Catching Fire. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, The Seventh Son, Warm Bodies, Rubinrot. Such great movies coming out this year.

    Great picks, I'll definitely be reading some of those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it was a dutch character:-) There are so many YA-novels and series that are going on the big screen this year. I haven't read Warm Bodies but it is on my tbr. I still haven't read the Hobbit so I'm hopefully going to read it until the the next movie comes out so I can both of the movies afterwards.

      Delete
    2. I was surpised to find out about that too, as you don't often come across characters with a Dutch ethnicity in English literature.
      To be honest I haven't read either Warm Bodies or The Hobbit, but they're on top of my to read list. That's actually a great idea, not reading the book until the second film is released. No more waiting. :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts =)